Tuesday, January 8, 2008

quick update from CO

Just wanted to let you know that I'm here in CO now...Victor planned the whole trip, did an amazing job, and everything went so smoothly! Thanks so much for your prayers. And here's a quick priceline.com plug: Vic got 2 rooms for $90 total at one of the nicest hotels in Albuquerque (the Hyatt)...it was great! I even had time for one last jog on the treadmill at the hotel fitness room before we went to church on Sunday at a big local place Vic found online. If anyone needs a trip planner, Victor is your man. :)

On the way across country (about 18 hours total) we listened to two different radio dramas, Les Miserables and The Hiding Place. You may be happy to know I only cried a few times per drama. We highly recommend them both!

Favorite quote from Les Mis: "The highest justice allows for mercy."

Favorite quote from THP (Corrie's father speaking to her): "Corrie, remember that you are just a little girl, and I put a train ticket into your hand just before we step onto a train, no sooner than that. And so it is with your heavenly Father: He will give you just what you need in the time that you need it, but oftentimes no sooner than that..."

I wanted to thank everyone out there who was able to spend some time with me sometime in the past couple of weeks before I left, including those who were able to attend the super encouraging going-away party at Ev. Free (special thanks to the hosts-extraordinaire, Dave & Jenn...you guys are awesome!). I am really really humbled by the awesome family God has placed me into at Ev. Free. I have been shaped and impacted by you.

Gotta go for now! Packing up here is a whirlwind! I will have a skype number pretty soon and I'll let you know by email what it is. Blessings to you in the meantime...the next time I write will likely be from Africa....

(P.S.: Thanks for the comments!! It is great to know you are there.)

No comments: