Thursday, January 3, 2008

Adventures await....

When I have a few more spare moments, I will upgrade this blog a little bit...I need pictures and other blog links, and all the rest of the stuff that comes with blogs! But until I find those spare moments, in the midst of all the packing and visiting and goodbyes, the plain white look will have to do... :)

Thank you for coming to this blog...my guess is that if you're here, you probably know by now that I am embarking on an adventure and journey and start of a new vocation in life, and I am so glad you're here to join me! Over the next year I'll be in Rwanda working in a child survival program with World Relief (and their partners, Concern Worldwide and the International Rescue Committee), focusing on newborn health. Did you know that an estimated 4 million children under the age of 30 days die every year in developing nations, primarily of preventable causes?? World Relief and friends are working all over the world to help prevent such un-necessary deaths, and I have the privilege of joining them for the next 10-12 months in Rwanda. I'll write more about my specific role there as time goes by.

In the meantime, my head and heart are full of so many thoughts and emotions as I pack up my life here in California, mostly thoughts full of gratitude to God and thankfulness for so many amazing people here who have impacted my life and helped me to see God's love and care in ways I never could have imagined. And while I anticipate the future, and feel such peace about heading out there for a year, I am also burdened as I say goodbye, because...it's hard! I will miss everyone so much.

Please feel free to drop by anytime to catch up on how things are going with me in Rwanda...and please drop me a line to let me know how you are doing too! It will make my day, guaranteed.

2 comments:

Scott Bates said...

Christine! Becky and I wanted to be the first to comment on your blog. We are both very excited about your upcoming adventure. We know that God is going to use you in so many amazing ways!

Tracy said...

It was so great to be a part of your goodbye dessert party at church. I have enjoyed getting to know you over the last several months. We'll miss you at girls' nights, and will await your safe return. Until then, may God keep you safe and warm in the palm of His caring Hand.

With love,
Tracy