Monday, April 21, 2008

more on Rwandese worship

A couple of weeks ago I posted photos of church in Kigali. Here are a few more photos of the other church I attend (outside the city) where Baraka's father is the pastor.

This one is a shot of the youth choir practicing at a gazebo outside of Baraka's "office." Even though they're called "youth," they're actually young adults, from teens to mid-twenties. They essentially help lead worship every Sunday, singing several songs with often-choreographed movement. There is one synthesizer and sometimes drums, but otherwise the instruments are just their beautiful voices:



Here is Baraka during the church service leading the children's choir in a song:



And I know this photo looks a little scary, but not to worry! It's a drama that the children put together...they did a great job, too! Can you guess what Bible story they're acting out?



It's the Abraham and Isaac story....in this photo, Abraham is about ready to kill Isaac! And then from outside a nearby window, we all heard the Voice of God (sounding suspiciously like a Rwandese boy) telling Abraham that He would provide a lamb to sacrifice instead of Isaac....

I enjoy my church families so much. Last week three friends from Kigali came along, and we had a blast (not to mention a very warm welcome). If you come visit me here, I'll bring you out here to meet my new friends.

No comments: