Monday, April 28, 2008

go bears (rwanda edition)

It's official - they've infiltrated the world.



I spotted this fellow on my way to work today, on a busy road while I was waiting to make a lefthand turn. When I leaned across the car and asked him if I could take his picture, he was startled and asked me a (reasonable) question in return: "Why?"

I of course had to make that left-hand turn, so I quickly tried to explain to him I was from California (there wasn't enough time to explain any more than that...although there was a time when I would not have even noticed a Cal shirt coming down the street).

The young man looked at me blankly, as if to say, Cal-i-what? He did let me snap his photo, but my guess is he didn't know the difference between a Cal bear and a grizzly bear. I'm sure there are some who don't mind that, though...according to some, this might be cultural imperialism at its best.

At any rate. Go Bears. :)

No comments: