Monday, December 15, 2008

anyone got a donkey? or a goat will do....

Since I have time here in the Nairobi airport, I am catching up on emails, and this made me smile.

A little background: I am included on a big email list of ex-pats in Rwanda, and a variety of requests, announcements, prayer requests, etc., come through on a fairly regular basis. I hope I can stay on the list even though I have departed, because it will keep me connected to the happenings there for a little while longer.

Anyhow, here's the email -- and Kay is totally serious:

Hi everyone,
I wanted to send out a request about a donkey.

My Sunday school class is planning a drama for the end of March or early April and we are in need of a donkey to use as a prop for just a few minutes at the beginning of the play. Does anyone have a tame donkey we could use? Or do you know someone.

The biggest problem is the owner would need to get the donkey to the church on time and then have someone to take care of it and take it home, so I know this is a BIG request, but I think it would make it nice for my kids in my class.

If not a donkey, then I guess we could use a goat. Did they travel with goats during the periods of the Judges????? This will be a play about Ruth and linked to Easter as Jesus is our Kinsman-Redeemer.

Last, I am attaching the Bible memory verses as two people have asked for them. They are a Word document.
Thank you again,

Sincerely,
Kay


There were probably very few people in Rwanda who received this email who thought it was odd -- in fact, probably no one thought twice about it. And Kay will probably find someone who's willing to loan their donkey for her play.

I am going to miss Africa!

No comments: